Reference Books ONLINE on the Library Portal
Looking for some of these books? They are now ONLINE through the LIbrary Portal:
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
Quick Reference to Pediatric Care
AAFP Conditions A-Z
APLS: The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resource-
Gorlin's Syndromes of the Head and Neck-
Tarascon Pocket Orthopaedica-
The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy-
ICD-9-CM- volumes 1 & 2 & 3
Library Homepage Transitions
Starting this summer, the library homepage will undergo some changes in order to share library news, health information, and other items of interest. The Librarian will be developing subject guides in various disciplines of interest and will add them to the homepage as resources for those needing quick access to links and information of topical interest. Please check back frequently to watch these pages grow.
Save the library's homepage: http://libguides.nwhc.net
New E-Book Service
In June, as part of the hospital libraries section of the New York Metropolitan Library Council, a new e-book service was added to the collection of resources.
With this service, we now offer 5 new E-books in the practice area of medicine from Rittenhouse's R2 Digital Service.
- Code of Medical Ethics from the AMA: Current Opinions with annotations, 201
- The Harriet Lane Handbook
- The Washington Manual of Critical Care,
- Palliative Care
- Netter's Atlas of Human Anatomy
Use your new Athens library login and password to access these titles electronically-just search under books on the Library's TDNet Portal Page link below..
Kaiser Health News
Monday & Tuesday, 9:30-5:30pm
Wednesday OR Thursday -9:30-5:00 (by email only)
Please call , email, or check hours posted at Library door since there could be a variation in the schedule.
Email is always the best way to reach the Librarian at all times.
The Library offers access to clinical and general health information.
There are two public workstations available for use within the library.
Services can be requested either through email, phone, or in-person.
- Personalized literature searches
- Document Delivery: the librarian will borrow for you from a network of medical libraries throughout the US and Canada
- Lonesome Doc: Are you working outside of the hospital? Reading and researching from home? Register for a lonesome doc account to email requests directly to your NWH library; the librarian retrieves these requests & will send them back to you
- LibGuides: a new service which will provide specific web links and bibliographic resources in subject areas